Gal Pals Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gal Pals Support Group

Private Group for the group of friends!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It's been one of those weeks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JJernigan

JJernigan

It's been one of those weeks  Empty
PostSubject: It's been one of those weeks    It's been one of those weeks  EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 5:01 pm

Well, thank you ladies!
It was actually my intention to check in more often but this has been a very hectic week with lots to do and little sleep.
I have weeks like this every now and then and I really feel a bit run down today.

I've dropped 8.3 pounds so far and came out of the weekend with a pound gained. I think I ate too much protein as admittedly my portion was probably too large.
No matter, I'm back on a strong track.

Since I've had no time this week, I'm eating very basic and haven't had anything but chicken, apples, and my melba toasts. I'm so bad at eating my veggies but managed to down some onions with a meal.

I'll be changing my menu up a bit so as not to get bored. I want to stay here until November 11th.

What really keeps me motivated is hearing the success and strength of everyone here. It's helped me already and I love getting on that scale in the morning seeing a drop!
I'll try and check in more often.
Back to top Go down
nve711

nve711

PostSubject: Re: It's been one of those weeks    It's been one of those weeks  EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 6:07 pm

Its a hit and miss for all of us on here. No problem. I guess we all do have to carry on with our lives. lol

I've been posting here (and the old forum) for over a year and mark all my success to my friends here....learning, talking, etc. Makes me so accountable!!

You might already now this, but you don't have to click on new topic each time in your journals. Might be easier to follow if you just use 1 journal. After reading a post, near the bottom, you will see a POST REPLY. Don't have to do the New Topic each time.

Have a great evening!!!!
Back to top Go down
doreen35
Admin
doreen35

PostSubject: Re: It's been one of those weeks    It's been one of those weeks  EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 8:35 pm

Hey Jane!
glad to see you posting...

When I eat the "same" thing for both meals, my losses stall so just be careful.
We're here to keep you going...you're doing great!

Are you measuring your protein or eyeballing?
I only ask because when I eyeball, I never hit the mark...
It makes a difference...

Also, cooked onions can carmelize and cause gains so just be careful...
Back to top Go down
JJernigan

JJernigan

PostSubject: Re: It's been one of those weeks    It's been one of those weeks  EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 11:08 am

Doreen,
I didn't realize that about onions. I usually have my husband put them on the grill for flavor and to mellow them out.
I'm sure that I usually undersize my portion on protein because I don't have a scale.

No loss on the scale this morning, but I think I forgot to take my dinner drops (I'm doing drops 3 times a day)

Today I have a luncheon which is always challenging, but I believe broiled steak and steamed asparagus are on the menu so I should be ok. I don't usually eat beef though because
I lose better on chicken or fish.
Back to top Go down
JJernigan

JJernigan

PostSubject: Re: It's been one of those weeks    It's been one of those weeks  EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 11:10 am

I like that added accountability. It helps me along I think. Smile
Back to top Go down
doreen35
Admin
doreen35

PostSubject: Re: It's been one of those weeks    It's been one of those weeks  EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 7:25 pm

Hi Jane,

I agree - the accountability is what has helped me get through 16 months of this and 132 lbs lost.
It is all about how badly you want it and how much you are willing to sacrifice!

How are you feeling along the way?
Interesting to make those notes so you can look back on it later...
Just my thoughts

Have a GREAT day!
sunny
Back to top Go down
Karen VQ

Karen VQ

PostSubject: Re: It's been one of those weeks    It's been one of those weeks  EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 10:42 pm

How much total do you plan to lose? Might be worth the investment for a food scale. They aren't that much and will help keep you true to the plan. Just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Dawn
Admin
Dawn

PostSubject: Re: It's been one of those weeks    It's been one of those weeks  EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:08 am

hey girl..... yea, like Nancy mentioned, you dont' need to start a new thread each day... just continue with one during a round of P2 and then start a new one for P3 to keep track of your menus, feelings of the day and things to reflect upon for the next round. Smile

Glad to see your doing well!! I have chicken/spinach/strawberries for lunch and fish/asparagus/apple for dinner every day in my P2's. I rarely mix it up other than throwing in beef a few times (beef not good for me!) and I lose on average of .8 a day. I may have to mix it up more though..... Your losses are fantastic!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's been one of those weeks    It's been one of those weeks  Empty

Back to top Go down

It's been one of those weeks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gal Pals Support Group :: Jane Jernigan-
Jump to: