Gal Pals Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gal Pals Support Group

Private Group for the group of friends!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

First time for everything

Go down 
+3
Janice
nve711
JJernigan
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Janice

Janice

First time for everything - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 2:50 pm

Jane, you're losses are fantastic! Your simple menus sound fine, and they're working for you, and that's what matters!

Have a great weekend! I love you
Back to top Go down
JJernigan

JJernigan

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 3:36 pm

Thanks for the encouragement! It means a lot to me and really helps too!

Dawn, I have the Toffee drops for my coffee but they were out of the orange. I'll go back or check Sunflower on my way home.
I was at a meeting today and they brought in Dions Pizza! It smelled soooooo good but I picked out lettuce from the loaded up salad and my protocol remains intact! (phew that was close!)

Yep, I'll hold you to that.
Back to top Go down
Dawn
Admin
Dawn

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 9:48 pm

load tomorrow...

mixing tonight...

for me, its all about Dunkin Donuts on a load. I CAN'T WAIT!
Back to top Go down
JJernigan

JJernigan

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 1:39 pm

I could really go for a DD right about now!
Have fun on your load day. I always make sure I get some Mexican food with gobs and gobs of cheese because that's why I always think
about when I'm missing the goods. Is Dick's Hideaway on the menu? Wish we could meet you for dinner.

I need to get a ticker. I'll try and do that today because today I hit a number on the scale that I haven't seen in years!!
I still have a way to go, but I'm so pleased with my progress thus far. My biggest determination of course is to NEVER NEVER go back!
Back to top Go down
Dawn
Admin
Dawn

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 2:35 pm

I am soooo proud of you Jane...!!! You basically have done this alone and that is NOT easy! I have only answered maybe five questions for you in the last six months or so....!!!

What is your ending goal number?

And yes, Dicks is on the menu... either tonight if Cheesecake Factory is a icky idea after the movie or tomorrow if we don't get the ribs on the smoker on time.

Back to top Go down
Janet

Janet

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 7:53 pm

Hi Jane,

Just poppin' in to say hi and wish you the best in your P2 round! Not sure how much you've lost so far but I do know this program is just awesome. I'm 1# from my current goal and so ready to start P3/P4 again for the holidays. My next goal is to make it thru the holidays without a gain!!!

Have a great weekend!
Back to top Go down
Karen VQ

Karen VQ

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 9:09 pm

Jane, you're doing well! Please post a ticker! I think it's a great pat on the back when you can move it downward!

Keep that downward spiral going!
Back to top Go down
Dawn
Admin
Dawn

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 10:52 am

get that ticker up girl...... You need to see how far you have come......

be good today.... Smile
Back to top Go down
Janice

Janice

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 12:31 pm

You're still doing great, Jane! cheers
Back to top Go down
Dawn
Admin
Dawn

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 10:33 am

Ok Jane...time to upload a pic in your profile.... the girls want to meet ya face to face... Smile
Back to top Go down
Dawn
Admin
Dawn

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 5:00 pm

Ok Jane... need to know...

HOW ARE YOU??
Back to top Go down
JJernigan

JJernigan

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 1:10 pm

Well, I've struggled a little this week because I've had to attend two business lunches where the food selection was made for me. I picked as best I could but still slowed me down quite a bit which is frustrating.
For example, yesterday was a beef dish and I had to scrape off gravy to get to the meat! I'm sure there was residual fat and calories. Last Tuesday, I was able to dig into a salad with no dressing and just lettuce and shredded chicken with some bits of avocado.

Almost done with this round of P2 and my goal is also to not gain over the holidays. I'll be working out with Jillian Micheals as I love her routines and they are not easy!

BTW Dawn, I love that picture of you.

Oh right, I was going to write a little bio which will probably be more than you want to know, but at least you'll know something about me.

I was born and raised in London England and moved to America when I was 13. Shortly after that is when I met Dawn's wonderful hubby Sean!
I have three girls and one beautiful, adorable, joyful granddaughter of whom my world is currently revolving around. She's 8 months old this month.
I live in Rio Rancho, NM but did some 'time' in Texas living in the Ft. Worth/Dallas area. I love living in NM and I could go for a while about why but I'll leave it at that.
I own my own business called JMJ Management and I manage non-profit associations. 2 I get paid for and 3 I do for free because I believe so much in what they're doing I give my time.
I have a degree in business and I'm currently going for my BBA just because I want it!
I just realized that the previous 5 sentences started with the word 'I' Ok just a few more........

I quit smoking on February 28, 2006 determined to become a healthy person. What I did, even though I swore I wouldn't, was switch out cigarettes with food, and that's when I gained lots of weight and
became miserable in my own skin. I have tried every diet and exercise program and although some were effective over the years, nothing was permanent and the losses were too little and too slow. So,
when I first heard of HCG through Dawn I thought not only "no" but 'hell no!" No way I could manage something like that, but I decided to give it a try and have had great success. What I like the most is the
maintenance because I've always been pretty good at dieting and pretty bad at maintaining. I can't really remember when I first went on the HCG but it was sometime in April. I kept it to myself thinking that
it may be just another one of those trend diets that would leave me frustrated. Lo and behold, it's different and has really changed my life for the better! I am so thankful to Dawn for telling me about it but she
has also been my inspiration to make it work for me. She's always there when I need her and she's truly a treasure in my life.

Well, enough about me. If you want to learn more, let me know as I'm selling my biography for $19.99 plus S&H. But wait, if you buy two copies, you the second one for free!!

Ok, now to work on that profile pic.
Back to top Go down
doreen35
Admin
doreen35

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 4:46 pm

Hi Jane!
Nice to "see" you and really get to know why Dawn thinks you are so special!
It is funny, I too quit smoking, it was March 14, 2005 and I gained 80 pounds in the next 4 years.
I think we have a lot of similar stories and yes, we are very happy to have you as part of the group!

I know what you mean about maintaining, that has been my biggest nightmare.
But doing the high protein low carb during maintenance breaks for me has been a great ease of that burden.
I have found that I am maintaining the losses very well and feel like I could do it for life now.
I feel like I finally have the power back in my hands and that's HUGE!

So thanks for the beautiful picture and Lose, Lose, LOSE!
Go Jane!!
Back to top Go down
nve711

nve711

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 7:11 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing too cute with the BOGOF biography!!!

Thanks for telling us about you. So many similarities with me. I may have mentioned my bro lived in Rio Rancho and may move back, but they liked it too. Well, except for some of the government in the state.

I so know what you mean about dieting and maintaining. I'm thrilled for hcg also.

Love putting a face with a name. Thanks for doing the profile picture. Mine is 25 #s heavier and several years old. For anyone to see a new one, I will have to take up a collection so I can purchase a really good photo editing software package. Laughing

Have a great weekend Jane.
Back to top Go down
JJernigan

JJernigan

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:15 pm

The politics of NM is one of the things I'm trying to change to make a difference in my State through the New Mexico Business Coalition.
We basically educate voters to let them know just exactly what their 'representative' is voting for or against. It's been pretty successful
so far and we're gaining lots of support. I didn't mention earlier that politics is one of my passions. Yep, I guess you love it or hate it
and I guess you could say I feel both, but decided a few years ago that sitting on the sidelines disgusted by the political system and those
in it wasn't doing any good at all. It's also part of my job to lobby and keep up on the issues.

I've gone on too long. Just to let you know I share the concerns of the NM government, but I'm doing what I can to change it and turn this state around.

Doreen, I stick to high protein and low carb when maintaining too. My body is very sensitive to carbs and I was actually border-line diabetic
a few months ago and I would get the shakes with too much carb intake. Dropping weight has increase the health of my blood sugar levels and
I'm no longer in danger of Type2 Diabetes ---thank you HCG!!
Back to top Go down
nve711

nve711

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:35 pm

That is great Jane. I should get my ass up and do something. Sometimes I feel like making posters and walking up and down the street and hopefully some national news channel will pick up on me and let me just spill my guts! No matter your political preference....great job doing something to make it better.

Back to top Go down
Dawn
Admin
Dawn

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 11:48 pm

I'm smiling a mile wide....... and YOU my dear are a treasure in my life as well.
Back to top Go down
doreen35
Admin
doreen35

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 6:03 pm

So glad that you are getting healthy like all of us!
How are you doing right now? Where are you at?

Give us a shout and let us know how you are doing!
Back to top Go down
Dawn
Admin
Dawn

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:11 am

heya... where did ya disappear to...??? How is your round going?

xoxox
Back to top Go down
nve711

nve711

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 10:17 am

Just popping over to say hello Jane santa
Back to top Go down
JJernigan

JJernigan

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 4:27 pm

Hello!

I came off P2 early on Sunday and was struck with a nasty stomach bug and was pretty sick through Tuesday. I lost an additional 5 pounds but I don't think it's a legitimate loss and will it will probably come back as I get back to normal eating. I am eating P3 foods now and am really enjoying salad!! Smile

I have a choppy program to get me through the holidays and I'd like to go get back to long term P2 in January to lose the 'remainder' of the weight.
My main goal is healthy healthy healthy choices and NO GAIN over the holidays. I want to weigh the same on January 2nd as I did this past Sunday morning.

Sorry that I haven't updated in a few days but it's not a habit yet. Emotions can play havoc with our eating habits and this is something really hard to overcome.
My Mum and Dad's dog died on Tuesday and I really wanted comfort 'Mum' food......got through ok but just so interesting to me how my mind works sometimes.
I guess these are good things to figure out so that I can better deal with them. Don't think I'm that good!! I do give in sometimes, but heck we all should!
Back to top Go down
nve711

nve711

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 4:58 pm

Yikes - sorry about the stomach bug. But glad you are better and enjoying P3.

Not sure what a chompy program is - but sounds like a plan for holidays Very Happy I can only pray I stay the same - or close to it. I was a bad girl last year!

So sorry about your mum's doggie. I'm still figuring some things out too.

Have a great well end of the week.
Back to top Go down
doreen35
Admin
doreen35

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 10:23 pm

Being sick bites, but I'm glad you are feeling better.

It takes a while to get used to journaling.
But once you realize how much information you get, and keep, daily, it does help you through some of the bad days...

Have a fab day
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

First time for everything
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gal Pals Support Group :: Jane Jernigan-
Jump to: