Gal Pals Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gal Pals Support Group

Private Group for the group of friends!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

First time for everything

Go down 
+3
Janice
nve711
JJernigan
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JJernigan

JJernigan

First time for everything Empty
PostSubject: First time for everything   First time for everything EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 11:15 am

Well, I'm not sure where this will appear in the grand scheme of things, but I figured I would give it a go and attempt to post something. Weekends are such a challenge for me! It's not that I'm laying around bored on the weekends, but there seems to be more time to think about food! During the week, I have no problem with temptation. I managed to stay on track this past weekend but it wasn't easy like it usually is.
Picked up some English Toffee Stevia drops for my coffee -- really takes care of my sweet tooth.
Back to top Go down
nve711

nve711

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 11:40 am

Hi Jane,
Your post came through perfectly.
For me, when I have time to think about food, I do. But when I'm on P2, generally, I'm not hungry (only a couple of times I have been). Are you hungry or just "bored".

I'm a true foodaholic, so its always on my mind ~ hungry or not.

Isn't the English Toffee good!!! I don't care for the plain stevia, but ET is so good!

Glad you made it to the journals. Have a great Monday.
Back to top Go down
Janice

Janice

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 3:35 pm

Hi, Jane! Your post showed up under your name....right where it's supposed to be, so you did everything right!

I'm glad you checked in, and I wish you much success on your journey. Happy to have you aboard!
Back to top Go down
doreen35
Admin
doreen35

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 10:18 pm

Welcome to the board Jane!

This journal is to keep you on track and to write your food diary so that you remember everything and have a reference to it.
We are here for support and help along your journey.

Be well, new galpals friend!!
cheers
Back to top Go down
Janet

Janet

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 1:59 pm

Hi Jane!

Welcome to the Gal Pals journals! I'll have to go back to facebook and reread your 'story' but I"m glad you came over here for the support!

I'm in week 2 of P2 and have 5.5 to lose to get to my goal. I've been doing this for 14 months and have lost close to 70#s so far. I'm a slow loser and have taken many months off for maintenance. Love this plan and it has changed my life like so many others here.

Take care!
Back to top Go down
doreen35
Admin
doreen35

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 7:49 pm

Hey Jane -

You should try to utilize the boards every day.
Post your menus
Post your routines
Let us give you support and get to know you.

Hope that you are doing well and let us know how you are tracking your losses...
We can't help and support if you don't post
Back to top Go down
JJernigan

JJernigan

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 11:47 am

Start Date: 10/11/11

10/13/11 +4

10/18/11 - 6.4
10/19/11 - 8.6 (2.2 loss) Grilled chicken, 2 apples, tomatoes (no dinner drops)
10/20/11 - 8.6 (0 loss) Broiled steak, steamed asparagus, salad greens w/t toms, 2 apples
10/21/11 - 10.3 (1.7 loss) 1/2 of a gigantic apple, chicken breast, Melba toasts, strawberries, cucumber, onion
10/22/11 - 11.1 (0.8 loss) Grilled chicken, strawberries, apple, melba toast, chicken breast rotisserie
10/23/11 - 12.1 (1.0 loss) Curried chicken and onion, strawberries, apple, melba toast
10/24/11 - 12.1 ( 0 loss) Curried chicken and onion (leftovers) apple and orange, melba toast
10/25/11 - 12.5 (0.4 loss) Chicken breast, apple, melba toast. (not feeling good. didn't eat much)
10/26/11 - 15.3 (2.8 Loss) Same ol' same ol'
10/27/11 - 16.3 (1.0 Loss) I only had some leftover chicken and nothing else. Ran out of appropriate food and didn't have time to go the store. Never hungered!
10/28/11 - 17.1 (0.8 Loss) Rotisserie chicken, melba toast, orange, apple.
10/29/11 - 18.3 (1.2 Loss)
10/30/11
10/31/11
11/01/11
11/02/11
11/03/11 - 20.6 (2.3 loss) Had a couple of business lunches this week and it was a challenge. Shredded chicken over mounds of lettuce with onion & advocado/salad wt toms and beef.
11/04/11
11/05/11
11/06/11
11/07/11
11/08/11
11/09/11
11/10/11

10/25/11 I need to figure out if curried chicken or my change in fruit is slowing me down. The curry powder doesn't traditionally have sugar in it but I better double check. This is a slow loss for me.
11/03/11 Must do better about keeping track. Showing 5 days with 2.3 loss. It's starting to slow but I'll stick it out until the 10th since I'm so close.

Last edited by JJernigan on Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:23 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
doreen35
Admin
doreen35

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 7:23 pm

WOW Jane!
Look at you go girlie!!!

Slide, slide, slide down that scale to total success!
Woo hoo!

Have you mixed it up or are you still eating apples & chicken?
Maybe I should try that! LOL
cheers
Back to top Go down
Karen VQ

Karen VQ

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 10:36 pm

Hi Jane! Wow! Look at you go! As the other girls said, we are here to support you! I reached goal 15 months ago but many of these gals got me to goal and I firmly believe in giving back. I also use you girls to keep me accountable. So keep up the good work and we are here to cheer you and steer you to your goal-but you have to do all the work!
Back to top Go down
JJernigan

JJernigan

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 12:12 pm

Thank you. I'm having grilled fish tonight for a change. The weekend is here, so I have to be resilient!
I'll be thinking about my post in the morning; it'll keep me motivated.
Back to top Go down
Janice

Janice

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 8:16 pm

How did things go today, Jane? Hope you made it through the weekend with your resiliency intact! I love you
Back to top Go down
JJernigan

JJernigan

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 12:10 pm

The weekend went well as I'm not really hungry or craving anything now. I do love to cook and bake especially this time of year. I made green chile stew, and slow cooker pork chops with apple chutney and it all smelled and looked delicious. The one thing that's kind of hard is not taste testing; not because I have to have a bite but to ensure the correct seasoning etc. Although, I have a couple of willing volunteers in my house so problem solved.

A wonderful thing happened this morning. It's getting quite chilly in the mornings so I decided to wear boots today. I have a cute pair of black boots that come up just above the ankle. Last year I couldn't quite zip them up all the way up without discomfort, no problem this morning. Zip Zip Zip ---- funny how little things like that mean so much!

Back to top Go down
Dawn
Admin
Dawn

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 12:35 pm

I love it when that happens!!!!!!!!

Apple chutney? YUM!!!!
Back to top Go down
doreen35
Admin
doreen35

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 2:28 pm

zipping the boots up the calf = PRICELESS!!!

So many more things that will bring you joy just around the bend girlie!!!
Back to top Go down
nve711

nve711

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 3:39 pm

Wow - some great sliding. cheers cheers cheers

I know what you mean about the tasting for seasoning the food. Strange not being able to taste. Thank goodness for volunteers!

Yes, little things are what keeps us going and loving the slide. So happy for you and your boots. Sound really cute!

Back to top Go down
Karen VQ

Karen VQ

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 7:56 pm

Ahhhhh! The simple pleasures like zipping up boots!

Your losses look terrific! I know what you mean about not being able to taste-test things. I really don't like cooking but when I do, there's certain things I do make that I take great pride in.

Keep up the good work! You're rocking this round!
Back to top Go down
Dawn
Admin
Dawn

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 8:04 pm

heya... have you always had the same protein twice in a day and several days in a row? I have never done that... but would be willing to try.
Back to top Go down
JJernigan

JJernigan

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 9:48 pm

Dawn
I pretty much stick to chicken and do fish every now and then. Chicken is so versatile, quick, and easy to cook.
I also eat rotisserie style chicken from Oscar Meyer. It's only breast meat with no skin, very lean and comes in a 6oz package so I basically will use the package for a day's worth of protein.
I did ok on steak last week but usually it slows me down.
Back to top Go down
doreen35
Admin
doreen35

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 7:47 pm

Hey Jane,

Wow you are luckier than me because those packaged cold cuts made me retain water from all the salt!
I am glad you found something that works for you.

Do you know how long you are going to be on?
Do you have a plan for maintenance?

I'm one of the planners of the group if you couldn't tell...
LOL

Back to top Go down
JJernigan

JJernigan

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 6:25 pm

I'm going to November 10. My plan for maintenance is to just watch the scale.
Eat healthy, but I do plan to indulge for the holidays. This year however, it will be with much restrained and in moderation as I don't want my weight going up!

So many goodies over the holidays and I do a lot of baking, but I get a lot of pleasure and satisfaction out of others enjoying my food; I'll have to relish in that a bit more than doing it myself.
Back to top Go down
Dawn
Admin
Dawn

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 6:28 pm

November 10th... thats pretty soon!!!!

How are you my friend?
Back to top Go down
Dawn
Admin
Dawn

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 6:29 pm

so I go to look at your results page...

10/26/11 - 15.3 (2.8 Loss) Same ol' same ol'
10/27/11 - 16.3 (1.0 Loss)

THAT is fantastic!! The goose egg was simply fat moving on out, water filling its place and you 'flushed' it out with a result of these fantastic numbers the last two days!! I am so envious of your ability to have such a high daily average!!!!

Do share, you last three or four days menus - exactly???
Back to top Go down
JJernigan

JJernigan

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 10:56 pm

I'm doing well Dawn thanks. I have to go shopping as I've run out of food and I've been so busy and stressed out today that I just went without eating. I know that's probably really bad but it's been a horrid day and I am a non-eater when stressed.

Anyway, for the past few days I've just kept it simple:

I spray a pan lightly with olive oil spray (I tried going no spray but everything sticks and it's 0 calories for a 2 second spray)
I sprinkle curry powder on the chicken and chop up a small onion to throw in the pan. It's very flavorful, easy and on the good list.
For fruit I stick to apples because I see a difference when I eat strawberries or oranges.
I always have my melba toast because I'm a carboholic and this is my small but somewhat satisfying fix. I buy the Melba Snacks Garlic flavor.
So much better than the plain and no more calories or carbs. I help myself to two for each serving.
I'm very bad at eating veggies, but like I said I add an onion to the chicken or I have some sliced cucumber with a splash of malt vinegar and
I also eat pickled onions in malt vinegar ---it's an English thing and not for everyone but I love them. (no kissy hubby after consumption)

That's about it. That's what I eat just about every day. I do have some fish in the freezer but haven't touched it.

I drink water like it's going out of style, but I put a little lemon juice in it and add some stevia for slight sweetness.
I drink a lot of coffee too sweetened with stevia. I think the coffee helps kill any appetite I might have.
Back to top Go down
nve711

nve711

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 11:46 am

Wow - you are doing awesome Jane Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

I enjoyed reading your menus. Never thought about pickled onions. I've mostly been very scared of varying of the P2 protocol too much, but going to test some water this next January.

Here's to some more super sliding until November 10.
Back to top Go down
Dawn
Admin
Dawn

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 11:55 am

Did you ever get over to Whole Foods to get the Valencia orange Stevia drops?? They ROCK! I actually have Sean drinking more water than anything because of those drops.

I'm gonna try the curry chicken thing..... this next round for me.... I'm not gonna obsess over every single .1 ... so please, keep me to that, ok?? LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First time for everything   First time for everything Empty

Back to top Go down

First time for everything
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gal Pals Support Group :: Jane Jernigan-
Jump to: